Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dogfish Head Shelter Pale Ale


Bought a 6pack of this at Whole Foods in Greenwich, CT last Thursday. Quite a surprisingly decent selection despit the baller prices. Here we go for the review:

Appearance: Golden yellow brown that reminded me of autumn. Barely any head (1/4 finger) but it may be due to the wide open glass I poured it into Carbonation does not go away however.

Smell: Refreshing barley scent with a malt dominance over the hops

Mouthfeel: Carbonation kicks it up a gear and is just mellow and relaxing as I whine down after a long day at the office.

Taste: The ingredients to this pale are very well balanced and seem extremely fresh. I noticed a slight hop aftertaste, which as you know my palette just loves.

Drinkability: Great beer that stands out for its freshness I felt. Would definitely drink it again in the summer when you just want to chill and not get too drunk

No comments: