Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stone IPA


So my family officially spends so much damn money on beer. Chicks:clothes::Dudes:BEER!!! My brother picked this one up at our local favorite Ramsey Liquors in Ramsey, NJ. Just as a side note, I picked up a case of this at the Beer Barn back at school out in Lewisburg, PA. It was my first official case that I bought as a 21 year old.

Appearance: Yellow-orange typical beer color with some golden reflections in the light. Light in nature. I poured it in fast to get 2 fingers of head because the beer was still cold and wanted it to warm up a bit.

Smell: Hops, hops & hops oh my! Piney in nature and a sudden sweet malt sense as you swirl the beer in your glass.

Taste: Bitterness at the hops stands out like the Smuttynose IPA and I just LOVE it. It makes the Natty/Miller/Bud/etc. Light lovers just scream ewwwwwww. I really love it. So crisp and refreshing.

Mouthfeel: No bitter aftertaste for me; but that may due to my hot sauce laden tasted buds that love hot sauce and hops. Leaves you wanting more and more. Goes down light and smooth.

Drinkability: One of my favorite IPAs. 9/10 rating and at a whopping 6.9% abv (kind of high for an IPA?) I wonder what the IBUs are?

No comments: