Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mr. Beer Home Brewery

I won't be able to make any reviews or long updates for a little while because of other commitments, but I just wanted to give a shout-out to my bro, Justin, for hooking me up with a home brewing kit for my birthday. Everyone say hi to the Mr. Beer Home Brewery.


This will hopefully give me some practice on some simple recipes and give me some experience before I move to the big boys, which might not be for a while. Batches are made in 2 gallons at a time, and the kit includes the plastic fermenting keg in the picture, a hopped malt mix, some "booster", yeast, some cleanser, plastic bottle caps, and a brewing handbook. I already went ahead and splurged on some glass bottles and bottle capper, some nifty utensils, more cleanser, and a couple more mixes. Anybody else have experience with this kit? This will be a good indicator: if I fail at making beer with this, I'm just not born to brew. Thanks again, Justin!

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

I will drink whatever your brew. I wonder if that "booster" is another name for the TRIPLE HOPPED badassness of Miller Lite